Experienced Gynecology and Laparoscopic Surgeons
At Gynecology and Laparoscopic Surgeons, PC our physicians are highly trained and experienced in the latest in minimally invasive surgery techniques. Our mission is to help you return to normal activities as quickly as possible through cutting-edge treatment options that improve your life.
Our surgeons specialize in advanced laparoscopy, which allows for smaller incisions as compared to conventional open surgery. For you, that means a faster recovery, shorter hospital stay, less postoperative pain, and less adhesion (scar-tissue) formation.
The End of Large Incisions
Some of the surgeries that were traditionally performed through a large incision, which we can now utilize advanced laparoscopy for, include:
• Hysterectomy (removal of the uterus and cervix)
• Removal of large ovarian cysts
• Treatment of stage 3 and 4 endometriosis
• Removal of large fibroids
• Cutting of adhesions (scar tissue) that are a source of pain
• Treatment of Genuine Stress Urinary Incontinence
• Pelvic floor reconstruction
• Vaginal vault prolapse
• Uterine prolapse
With a focus on quality care in a convenient environment, Gynecology and Laparoscopic Surgeons, PC exclusively offers many procedures in the comfort of our office. This allows our patients to avoid the additional cost and inconvenience of the hospital by undergoing select procedures in our private office in Raleigh.
Some procedures are performed under IV sedation and others are performed using IV sedation or a local anesthetic, depending on the patient’s preference. In our office, the IV sedation is always administered by an anesthesiologist (physician) who remains present in the room during the entire procedure and is readily available during post-procedure recovery in an adjacent room.
Our in-office procedures include:
• Diagnostic Hysteroscopy
• Operative Hysteroscopy (removal of polyps and small fibroids)
• Hysteroscopic myomectomy (removal of small fibroids in the uterine cavity)
• Essure hysteroscopic permanent birth control
• Hysteroscopic removal of IUDs if the string is no longer visible
• Novasure endometrial ablation
• Urodynamic evaluation of urinary incontinence (no anesthesia necessary)
We care about your wellbeing and want to keep you healthy without disrupting your active lifestyle. This is why our practice focuses on advanced surgical techniques that are the least invasive, yet most effective.